High-five for open minded people
this is cute and also observe: sometimes people aren’t being deliberately close-minded and douchey about issues like sexuality etc. ok sometimes they just need somebody to patiently and politely explain things to them
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lot’s of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.
that used to disgust you.
Those you cannot bear
you learn to accept.
Hating yourself is
It is time for you
In less than a moment,
I am already admiring
something else about you.
Whether it be the way
that you look at me
while I am telling you
that I love you,
or the sound you make
when you realize
that it’s about that time
that I should start
There are so many ways
that I can tell you
that I love you,
but I usually end up
just telling you
what’s on my mind
in the exact moment
that the thoughts surface.
It’s hard to keep
when all I want to do
is show you how strong
your love has made me.
I am hardly able to
think in an organized
process, because whenever
I try to keep everything
together, it usually becomes
than it was before.
'Girls Who Read' - written and performed by Mark Grist
Some guys prefer asses, some prefer tits, and I am not saying that I don’t like those bits.
But what’s more important, what supersedes, is a girl with passion, wit, and dreams.
We must remember that the courage to do something means you’re already halfway done. We must not forget this in times of adversity, nor in times of placidity.
The only thing stronger than strength is willpower.
It’s quite interesting when you like someone, you start to notice that everything about them seems more attractive when it seems normal to everyone else. Their smile seems so much brighter. The sound of their voice is more soothing. Their goofy laugh sounds much cuter. Every little thing about them just reels you in. It’s like their imperfections don’t seem bad at all.
“It Gets Better” doesn’t mean that everything just magically gets better… but that it gets better because YOU make it better.
You fight through struggles, you endure pain, you try everything you can, you never give up… you grow stronger… and through that strength- it gets better.
do you ever look around at the big crowds of people around you and realize everyone has a story and memories and family and troubles and achievements and a first kiss and a broken heart but you’ll never know any of it and every human life is really intricate and expansive but oh they’ve walked into a shop and you’ll never see them again and you’ll never know just what they were thinking
I think about this a lot
it’s called sonder.